Monday, August 25, 2014

Total Marshmallow- Princess Bride


The Princess Bride or The Prince's Bride as I mistakenly thought it was named for most of my life, is a beloved treasure from my childhood. As a kid who didn't to watch PG13 movies until I was 16, I really thought I was getting away with something watching this intense PG movie. If you haven't seen it, there are “Fencing. Fighting. Torture. Revenge. Giants. Monsters. Chases. Escapes. True love. Miracles.”  Every other line is something you can quote and the love story will leave you asking your boyfriend to whisper, "as you wish."  Even though I've seen it a million times, I never get tired of watching it. Seriously, this movie is a pop culture gold mine. In fact, I just heard it referenced on a TV commercial as I am typing this. Because it is so poplar and well known, I thought it might be fun to test your Brute Squad Knowledge. Take this quiz before the movie to get you in the mood or bring it with you as a "scavenger hunt" during the film.  I also included some of the beautiful photos from the Princess Bride's Entrainment Weekly's 25th Anniversary Reunion photo shoot and a link to the Princess Bride site.Movies give us an opportunity to escape our everyday lives and be in someone else's story. Whatever movie you enjoy at the Drive-in this week, loose yourself in the adventure!


Brute Squad Quiz
1.  Why is the grandfather reading a story to his grandson?
2. Before the wedding, a trio of outlaws kidnap Buttercup. What are there names?
3. Prince Humperdinck is the heir to the throne of_____.
4. The Dread Pirate Roberts tricks Vizzini into drinking wine poisoned with what?
6. What does the Dread Pirate Roberts yell at Buttercup when she pushes him down the gorge?
7. What are ROUSes ?
8.What level does the six fingered man turn "the Machine" to when he tortures Wesley?
9. How many of his fastest ships does Prince Humperdinck say he will send to sea with a message for Wesley?
10.What is the name of the "six fingered man?"
11. What does the grandfather say to his grandson as he leaves?




Official Site:Princess Bride



No comments:

Post a Comment